Saturday, October 2, 2010

Storyline Online

Site: Storyline Online


I think this is a wonderful site. It was created by the Screen Actors Guild Foundation. Various actors and actresses have been recorded reading 23 different children's books (at the time of this posting).


Books:

To Be a Drum, by Evelyn Coleman; read by James Earl Jones

Guji Guji, by Chih Yuan Chen; read by Robert Guillaume

Sebastian's Roller Skates, by Joan De Deu Prats; read by Caitlin Wachs

Sophie's Masterpiece, by Eileen Spinelli; read by CCH Pounder

Stellaluna, by Janell Cannon; read by Pamela Reed

Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge, by Mem Fox; read by Bradley Whitford

No Mirrors in My Nana's House, by Ysaye M. Barnwell; read by Tia and Tamera Mowry

The Night I Followed the Dog, by Nina Laden; read by Amanda Bynes

Thank you, Mr. Falker, by Patricia Polacco; read by Jane Kaczmarek

My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother, by Patricia Polacco; read by Melissa Gilbert

Knots on a Counting Rope, by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault; read by Bonnie Bartlett and William Daniels

Brave Irene, by William Steig; read by Al Gore

A Bad Case of Stripes, by David Shannon; read by Sean Astin

Private I. Guana, by Nina Laden; read by Esai Morales

Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch, by Eileen Spinelli; read by Hector Elizondo

The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg; read by Lou Diamond Phillips

Me and My Cat, by Satoshi Kitamura; read by Elijah Wood

Dad, Are You the Tooth Fairy, by Jason Alexander; read by Jason Alexander

When Pigasso Met Mootisse, by Nina Laden; read by Eric Close

White Socks Only, by Evelyn Coleman; read by Amber Rose Tamblyn

Romeow and Drooliet, by Nina Laden; read by Haylie Duff

Enemy Pie, by Derek Munson; read by Camryn Manheim


As a child I always loved having books read to me. So this is a great site for children to hear stories or for adults to reminisce about times when they were read to. It is also interesting to find out little tidbits about actors/actresses that you may not have known. For example, I learned that James Earl Jones, the voice of Darth Vader, did not start reading aloud until he was 14, that he stutters, and that he is slightly dyslexic. I wouldn't have known this, had my friend not told me about this site.


In addition to the wonderful videos, several activity suggestions for each book are also included on this site. Great prompts for more in-depth discussions on books with your children/students/siblings. So pick a book and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...